Wednesday 4 December 2013

MOYES FULLY FOCUSSED ON MAN UNITED AHEAD OF EVERTON.

David Moyes has insisted he will not allow past loyalties get in the way of securing three points for Manchester United as he prepares to face Everton for the first time since leaving the club.
The former Toffees boss ended his 11-year reign at the Merseyside club this summer to succeed United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.
Despite taking over at the reigning Premier League champions, there has been a change in fortunes between the two sides as Everton currently find them above the Red Devils in the league standings.
Moyes endured a stuttered start to his first season in charge at Old Trafford but things are looking brighter now, as the coach aims to continue the team’s current 12-game unbeaten run with victory over his former squad.
And ahead of Wednesday's meeting at the Theatre of Dreams, the Scot insisted his mind is set firmly on the job at hand at United, adding that he “has no time” to dwell on Everton’s fortunes despite his fondness for the club.
"My job is to manage Manchester United," he said.
"I don't think anyone would have turned it down. The opportunity was too big.
"Obviously I have fond memories. You don't just throw 11 years away.
"But I have had to divorce myself from it. United is my team now and all my concentration has been on them.
"I don't have time to look at Everton results or how they are doing.
"My own players and my own club is what interests me.
"I had a great time at Everton," Moyes added. "They were fabulous to me. They gave me a chance to succeed.
"Possibly if I hadn't been offered the Manchester United job I would still be there.
"But it the reception could be mixed. They know their football and they know exactly where the club has gone and will understand I took a lot of good players there. But it's football and you never know."For me, I'm not an emotional person. I'd rather get on with the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment